Interactive discussions will focus on Asset Management, Finance, Technology, Soft Brands, Gaming/Entertainment, and Gender Roles in today’s independent hotel market
SOURCE: Hospitality Net
Phoenix — Planning of the 2017 InnDependent Lodging Executive Summit is nearing completion, and the line-up of educational sessions will not disappoint. Produced by IBC (InnDependent Boutique Collection) and the Independent Lodging Industry Assn. (ILIA) – and sponsored by Asian Hospitality, Hotel News Now, Hotel Management and Lodging magazines – the event will be held May 15 to 17 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. In addition, Hotel Interactive will be producing the first BITAC Independent in conjunction with event. Independent hoteliers and those operating Soft Brands can register to attend the conference by clicking here.
“ILES 2017 will not only be bigger and better than ever before, but our educational sessions will tackle some of the leading issues and business practices impacting today’s independent hoteliers,” said Pamela Barnhill, founder of ILES and president and chief operating officer of IBC. “We polled past attendees to see what topics are of the most interest to them and which would provide them with the best insight for improving operations going forward. The program we put together is both interactive and informative, with high-profile moderators setting the tone and directing the conversations for engaging commentary and discussions.”
Here is a sneak peek of some of the sessions coming to ILES 2017:
- Led by Hotel Management Associate Editor Elliott Mest, “Taking A Hard Look At Soft Brands” will discuss the soft brand revolution and how it continues to gain momentum with independent hoteliers who want to maintain their independence while gaining access to powerful distribution channels made available through Soft Brand affiliations.
- Jonathan Falik of JF Capital Advisors will lead a financing forum titled: “The Increasing Appeal Of Independents.” Here attendees will discuss how independent hotels are thriving in today’s economic environment. Panelists will reveal why they are performing so well, and how they can promise investors solid returns. Learn how to make financing easier to secure than in past years.
- “Managing to Increase Asset Value” will enlighten attendees on how they can select the right operator for their independent hotel. In this session, Hotel Interactive Editor Dennis Nessler will ask a panel of the management company executives to share their best practices and measures that will enhance the long-term value of the independent hotel.
- In “Technology to Boost Your Bottom Line,” UNLV Professor Robert Rippee will poll a panel of hotel technologists on trends impacting independent hotels today. This session will analyze the technologies that are most critical to independent hoteliers, such as revenue management and mobile solutions, and some of the ways they can gain a competitive advantage.
- In a session titled “Doubling Down on Hotel Casinos,” White Sands Gaming Exec Saverio Scheri III will lead a lively discussion for gaming operators looking to introduce incremental revenue streams for long-term profitability and success. Here casino operators will discuss how they are drawing additional guests to their hotels by providing an entertainment option that enhances guest satisfaction and increases their overall spend. This session will examine when and where casinos make economic sense for hotels.
- With an increasing number of women executives making their mark within the independent hotel sector, Asian Hospitalityand Priya Editor Judy Maxwell will lead a session titled “Independence Day For Women Execs.” Here leading women professionals will discuss some of the ways in which they are impacting the industry, as well as what the prospects are for the next generation of women hoteliers.
“Bringing ILES to Las Vegas is especially exciting because it gives us the opportunity to leverage the expertise of independent hoteliers in the nation’s leading gaming destination and network with operators who have not previously attended this growing event,” Barnhill said. “In addition to the conference, for the first time, Hotel Interactive will conduct BITAC Independent. Traditionally, BITAC events have been exceptionally successful when in Las Vegas. By tying BITAC Independent with ILES, we providing a marketplace like no other that hoteliers are sure to enjoy.”
Early Bird Registration for ILES ends December 15. For $795 per person, attendees have access to the Networking Lounge for the duration of the event, choice of educational sessions, unlimited food & beverage in the Networking Lounge, and an exhibit hall pass. After Dec. 15, the registration fee will $995. To register, click here.
Lodging is available at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas at the ILES 2017 group rate of $105 per night; including event shoulder nights (2 days before and 2 days after). For more information on the 3rd Annual InnDependent Lodging Executive Summit, call (602) 944-1500 or email@example.com. For details on BITAC® ILES, call (631) 424-7755 x150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.