What is a loyalty program?
Customer loyalty is essential for any business or hotel survival. It costs five times as much to acquire a new guest than to keep an existing one.* Loyalty programs offer incentives and rewards for guests to book directly and to become a loyal, and repeat customer. A study by Accenture found that 77% of consumers today participate in a loyalty program. This statistic shows that consumers and travelers not only utilize loyalty programs but most likely expect them as well. It’s important for hotels to not only implement a loyalty program but to also meet and exceed customer expectations at every step of their travels in loyalty marketing.
How can I build loyalty?
- Foster consumer engagement: It’s important to motivate your guests and travelers to respond to your hotel marketing efforts. Build a strong social media following. Encourage guests to review your property. These channels help build loyalty with the guest and establish another touchpoint of communication.
- Develop strategic partnerships: Strategic partnerships can help add additional value to your travelers and guests. To add in additional incentives to your loyalty program you can reach out to local shops, spas, and restaurants to offer your guests community perks.
- Embrace new technologies: It’s important to embrace new technologies that make it easier for your guests to book rooms, access your loyalty program and receive rewards. Be present on social channels, connect logins with google or Facebook, and make your system user-friendly. Learn how to do this with InnDependent InnCentives.
- Establish a 2-way value system: Provide value to your guests while also letting your guests provide value to you. It’s important that through your loyalty program you are able to offer quality rewards while still retaining all guest data, receiving feedback and increasing direct bookings. Learn more about guest retention strategies here.
- Capitalize on consumer data: Consumer data is important for the success of your hotel and your loyalty program. Set up your program to generate frequent and accurate feedback. This can be used to tailor your hotel services to your guests desires.
Making the Loyalty Program Work
Capture the middle feedback: Getting feedback from guests that feel extremes tends to be easier than the middle/ average experience guests. Guests had a great time and absolutely loved your loyalty program? They will tell you! Guests that had a bad experience with your hotel or loyalty program also aren’t afraid to voice their opinions. They will tell you! What’s more difficult is capturing guests feedback from guests that had a normal or average stay. However this feedback is often the most important because it can help you turn those guests into loyal travellers as you wow them with your service.
Ask the right questions: It’s important to ask direct feedback related questions to make sure your guests are able to provide your hotel with useful data. Really think about what you want to know about their experience with your hotel and loyalty program.
Send surveys immediately after check out: It’s important to capture guest feedback as soon as possible after their stay is completed. This helps experiences stay fresh in their minds and provides you, the hotelier, with the most accurate data and feedback.
Track progress: Throughout all points in the feedback process it’s vital that you track your progress. Are you gaining more loyalty members? Are you able to convert guests into repeat customers? What are guests liking or disliking? Pay attention to trends and adapt as necessary to make your hotel and loyalty program the most successful.
Why InnDependent InnCentives Is Your Best Solution
Our InnCentives program meets the needs of independent hotels and experience-driven travelers. Your guests earn free rooms by staying at independent properties and you benefit from repeat customers. And it does not cost you a dime; when the guest redeems their points IBC pays full price for the room and your participation in the program is free.
- Immediately redeem rewards at over 500+ global retailers, merchandise, charities, and more with e-gift cards.
- After staying 12 nights, IBC puts a credit into your account for your next stay good at over 1 million properties worldwide.
- The hotel receives full rate! No missed revenue. No blackout dates.
- The hotel retains all guest information in order to build repeat business.
- The hotel can add and track guests who book outside IBC with InnCentives premium guest loyalty program.
*Statistic found here.