As the New Year continues and technology develops, accommodation providers must understand what voice search is and how it can help their properties.
The first thing to know is that voice search is on the rise. In fact, 20% of searches through mobile devices come through voice controls, and by 2020, this percentage will increase to 50% in the United States.
Voice control gives you the ability to interface across different platforms, recognize voice commands and support customer service efforts.
Capitalizing on emerging technology now will set your property ahead of the game later. To read more about hospitality technology trends in 2019, click here.
There are a number of benefits to using voice search:
- Accommodation providers are able to access data through installed devices. This means using information to help provide a better guest experience.
- Using voice search in combination with artificial intelligence gives accommodation providers the ability to understand more information, making it easier to analyze and use to help increase revenue.
- Consumer behavior is changing and younger consumers are considering voice search as a positive experience factor in staying at any accommodation.
- Using voice builds emotional affinity and a resounding 72% of users want brands to have unique voices and personalities. Brands who use voice technology are able to resonate better with their audiences.
- Personalization is a huge factor in terms of voice search . “Smart hubs” can be included in hotel rooms and allow customers to adjust the room temperature and lighting levels in order to utilize entertainment devices.
- Keeping customer service in mind, voice search can help shorten response times, streamline booking and allow customers to make requests for room service without leaving their room or lifting a finger.
- It is easier than ever for customers to reserve a table at a property’s restaurant with a simple voice command.
- Through a voice portal, guests are able to find out about the weather (during their trip) or information about the area they are staying.
- Using voice search gives a brand the opportunity to differentiate itself from competitors and showcase their interest in emerging technology trends.
- Promotion of voice search can be used in collaboration with hotel booking websites, marketing materials and social media campaigns. For more information about how you can adjust your digital marketing efforts for success, click here.
Again, the growth of the voice assistant is rapid. The continuous development of technology brings about the optimization of devices. There are many options in the marketplace of voice technology. Examples include Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana. These devices are able to use voice to perform searches and accomplish tasks quickly.
Voice search has the potential to grow into the role of a “digital employee” and will be able to complement the work of human employees. This will allow owners and operators to spend more time and attention focused on big-picture tasks.
Voice assistants are going to have an impact on the way businesses interact with technology and collaborate internally. Determining how to deliver the benefits of this new technology across every device, from smart speaker to mobile apps, will be a major factor of success for your operation.
Want more tips and advice? To find out how you can set yourself up for success, read our Owner and Operator Performance Audit.